In order for Kobalt Computers to be able to work with you, there may be times when we need to collect and make use of some personal information about you. Your “Personal Information,” which might include things like your name and address, as well as any other information that is relevant to you.
If you are going to provide information about other individuals, including those for whom you are responsible, you need to be sure you have received permission from those people first. Because you have provided this information to us, we are allowed to presume that you have that person’s consent to do so and for us to contact them. This is because we are permitted to assume that you have their permission.
The wellbeing of our neighbours and the people who donate their time is always our top priority. Therefore, if you have any worries with or about any other volunteer or friend with whom you communicate as part of any activity Kobalt Computers is hosting, please do not hesitate to tell those concerns and any further knowledge needed for us to take necessary care to ensure or avoid harm to any person. If you do not share your concerns, we will not be able to take any action to protect or prevent damage to any person.
1. We gather your personally identifiable information in a variety of methods, including the following:
2. We only do this in order to include you in the activities that Kobalt Computers is involved in, as well as to manage and administer the services that we offer. Among these options is the dissemination of the information to further organisations that provide help to you (with your permission). For instance, in order to provide you with the best possible support, Kobalt Computers routinely shares your personally identifiable information (PII) with the other participants of the Love Your Neighbor (LYN) programme. However, before we do so, we ensure that those other participants will abide by these guidelines.
3. We assure you that we will never release any of your personal information to any other company.
4. Because we are obligated to verify the accuracy of your personally identifiable information, we may need to ask you certain questions from time to time as part of our job. We apologise in advance if these questions are ones that we have already posed to you in the past.
5. Even if you are no longer using Kobalt Computers’ services, we may retain your personal information on file only in case you ever have a future need for our assistance or for the sake of our own records. You are welcome to write to us at Kobalt Computers, Desborough Ave, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2SU or email us at [email protected] at any time to request a copy of the information that we keep about you or to request that we delete our copy of the information. We will comply with your request in either case. In addition, we will conduct frequent audits of the data we keep and delete any records that we no longer have a valid cause to keep after determining they are no longer necessary.
6. Your Personally Identifiable Information is stored electronically on our information technology systems in a manner that ensures its safety and confidentiality. Our employees will sometimes jot down notes in their notebooks; however, they will subsequently transfer any pertinent data onto our IT system and trash the paper copy. This is the most effective method for maintaining the safety and confidentiality of your personally identifiable information.
7. The personal information that we get from you may be transmitted to and kept at a location that is located outside of the European Economic Area (also known as the “EEA”). In addition to this, it is possible that it will be handled by personnel located outside the EEA who work for either us or one of our suppliers. In line with the terms of this policy, we will make every effort to guarantee that your information is handled in a safe and secure manner by any of our vendors.